KTGrant

KT Grant: Redheaded Author of Sexy

A self-proclaimed eccentric redhead who writes Gay, Lesbian and Straight romance. You can find her at ktgrant.com.

"She checked herself one last time in the full-length mirror in the corner of the living room. The halter was snug like the skirt. The black lace, intertwined with silver ribbons and bows down the middle, accentuated her chest in an alluring way—not that she had any plans of showing off. All attention would be on the couple renewing their vows in one of the rooms used for exclusive events on the fourth floor. She had already seen many different types of scenes, everything from bondage to role-playing, during those times she had come to The Gate as Max’s guest last fall. But she was still fascinated by the mystery of it all.

Max came up behind her and set his hands on her shoulders. “If, at any time, you’re uncomfortable, you can sit at the bar on the first floor or come up here.” He rubbed her arms.

His touch was warm, soothing. She started to shift back against him, but her foot slid out of her sandal. She turned around, staring at the offensive footwear. “My sandals don’t go with this outfit.”

“Stop worrying. No one will notice what you’re wearing.” His lips twitched in amusement.

She crossed her arms and lifted her chin. “Then why did you get changed?”

“I have a reputation to uphold. Everyone expects me to wear something like this.” He motioned to his shirt and slacks and turned his foot encased in a loafer.

“Does this color have any special meaning for tonight?” She rubbed the sleeve of his shirt between two fingers.

He chuckled, and his smile turned devious. “Maybe.”

“Maybe?” She whacked his arm. “It is or it isn’t.”

“I’ll tell you after the ceremony is over.” He took a set of keys off a table and slid them in his pocket along with his cell.

She examined her front, wondering if the color she wore held any specific meaning. Max had recommended she wear it. “You’re going to keep me in the dark that long?”

“The anticipation is worth the wait.” With his sneaky grin, he opened the door and beckoned her over."

The Key by KT Grant, releasing tomorrow, 6/9!